User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Xiaomi Redmi 2 (2014817)

• Sharing with you my initial impressions/short review of the Redmi 2. We have a Redmi 1S in the family and are very satisfied with it hence the Redmi 2 purchase.

Looks and Build
    This is a good looking phone. It is sleek. It looks more expensive than it actually is. The dimensions are comparable to an iPhone 6 and wins in width and loses only in thickness. <click here for link> This makes the new Redmi a similar experience without looking like a knockoff.
    Side by side with the 1S, the 2 is like a sedan beside an AUV thus fixing the 1S's only flaw in my opinion.
    The 2's build is as solid.
    If I can nitpick, I would mention the matte back which is not matte enough. While it hasn't slipped off my hand yet, it feels like it wants to.

Performance
    Please see the below benchmark results:
    Basemark OS II <click here for link>
    Overall - 534
    System - 1044
    Memory - 398
    Graphics - 313
    Web - 627
    PCmark <click here for link>
    Average - 3006
    Web - 2994
    Video - 3838
    Writing - 3225
    Photo Editing - 2191
    Sunspider - 1654.9 <click here for link>
    Kraken - 13416.3 <click here for link>
    Octane - 2818 <click here for link>
    Vellamo <click here for link>
    Chrome - 1936
    Metal - 875
    Multicore - 1319
    Antutu - 20579 <click here for link> <click here for link>
    Geekbench - 484 <click here for link>
    Quadrant - 11865 <click here for link>
    3Dmark Unlimited <click here for link>
    Average - 4411
    Physics - 9278
    Graphics - 3838

Moto E (2015) scores for comparison <click here for link>

Overall the scores are comparable to the Moto G 2014 and Moto E 2015. The G is twice as expensive while the E has a sub-HD, non-Retina display and a mediocre camera.
    In actual use though MIUI is not as snappy as I would want it to be. The 1S running CM11/12 is a better experience.
    I'm sure it will be the same once a compatible ROM is available for the 2. Even if that doesn't happen, I'm confident Xiaomi will improve the stock ROM performance eventually if not sooner.

Camera
    I am not a camera expert and can only say the quality is quite good in my opinion.
    For more detail, I will have to refer you to other reviews online.

MIUI
    I did not like MIUI with the 1S and I still don't like it now. It's just not my cup of tea. But I can live with it for now, a bit like a coffee drinker forced to have tea only for the next few months. There's nothing wrong with tea. Millions love it just not me.

Summary
    The 1S made me a Xiaomi fan and with the 2, they did not let me down. I don't think there is any other phone maker that offers better value. The only competition probably in this price range is the Zenfone 5. The Redmi has the better camera probably (not sure on this) and better software. There are just more Xiaomi ROM developers out there due to the install base and more common Snapdragon chipset. Also MIUI has a better history of updates even for older devices.
    Overall I highly recommend the Redmi 2 to buyers in the Php 6000 price range.
  • hindi po ba kinukulang sa ram?
  • paano nalalaman yan sir?
  • ok ba to?
  • I have the Redmi 2 (2014811) and sa akin OK naman. Medyo bitin nga ang RAM at internal memory. Some apps you can really feel the lag. And although may miniSD card, hindi mo naman puwedeng i-transfer yung downloaded apps mo, rooted or not. Ganun talaga ang Miui.

Got mine off eBay so tila "Chinese version" yata ito which means a lot of the apps are in... Chinese! You'll also have to manually install the Google apps installer in order to access Google Play and other Google apps. But that is specific sa version na nabili ko. Baka yung available diyan sa Pinas hindi na Chinese apps ang default.

On the plus side, I really like the camera. Also using a 1st gen Moto G and di hamak na ang laki ng improvement ng Redmi 2 camera. Another huge advantage of this phone is how easy it is to root it, just install the Developer ROM. Download the zip from the official site and update via the built in file manager, and you're rooted. Also, kahit rooted ka, hindi voided ang warranty mo because rooting is fully supported ng Xiaomi.
  • May tempered glass ba para sa redmi 2? If ever, san may available? Thanks Sa replies.
  • check sulit, dun ako nakahanap pero ordering palang. nasa 250 petot yung post ng seller. ewan ko kung meron na sa st.francis nillkin :)
  • Hi was able to buy a redmi2 Grand/Prime in China (the one with 2GB RAM). My problem is ayaw mag-install ng Playstore. It's like the system is blocked to apps only available in China. No COC, no Candy Crush, if you get what I mean. Is it possible to reformat the whole phone to another android version?
  • DL ka lang sir ng google installer.
    working yan sakin redmi 1s and redmi 2.
    di ko lang sure sa prime.

Link:
    <click here for link>

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys