User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Samsung Galaxy Blacklist (Samsung makes up for it with JB)

• Galaxy S Blaze
    Galaxy Note Docomo and Anycall Version
    Galaxy S2 i777(ATT)
    Galaxy S2 HD LTE(Afaik may leaked na to but not yet stable because of the MMS/SMS issue)
    Galaxy R

up!!

-- edited by kairi_zeroblade on Jun 17 2012, 10:43 AM
  • Guys. Lets keep this about Samsung.
  • @ral

Update mo yung first post based sa replies.
  • What about the Galaxy R? May ICS naba?
  • Galaxy R is confirmed to be getting ICS. Not sure if it is out yet.
  • pero kahit ganun they let their products specially phones to last.. kahit mahal yung phone atleast yung kikitain nila dun is pang matagalan na they dont need to produce a new phone para kumita. unlike samsung na ka2labas lang ng phone tpos maya2 may bago na nman then mapag iiwanan na nman.. opnion ko lang yun.. samsung user ako pero theres an advantage and disadvantage on both products.. but its all about marketing strategies and so business..

-- edited by klonoa1020 on Jun 17 2012, 12:04 PM
  • @jopat

Maybe we should limit it to phones officially released in the Philippines?

What do you all think?
  • yess... phil. should limit the release of phones..
  • @jopat

Maybe we should limit it to phones officially released in the Philippines?

What do you all think?

yess... phil. should limit the release of phones..

bias..there's also a huge circulation of samsung units that are not originally intended for Phil market use/consumption but yet usable here.. :D should i name some? :D

lets not take the local release as a basis..instead use the market..dahil most ng sellers here IMPORT phones from other countries..and not just by the local circulation..

well i do JUST HOPE you get my point and i don't have any intentions to flame anybody..
  • I was checking several of the phone listed by Kairi and as far as I can tell they will all be getting ICS updates. The list should include only those with no commitment for an ICS update.

Updates on carrier specific models are slower since there are more steps before they are released, and depending on the contract with the carrier, the carrier may be responsible for the update.

-- edited by ral on Jun 17 2012, 11:43 PM
  • I was checking several of the phone listed by Kairi and as far as I can tell they will all be getting ICS updates. The list should include only those with no commitment for an ICS update.

Updates on carrier specific models are slower since there are more steps before they are released, and depending on the contract with the carrier, the carrier may be responsible for the update.

those ATT units are just rumored..some of it leaks..but not OFFICIAL..usually when samsung deploy units to T-MO and ATT they leave the firmware dev to the carrier..since there would be some carrier specific add ons..but more or less when hardware specs are the same with the global release PORTING should be EASY..
  • Sammy screwed up their avid users about this issue...
  • @Kairi

Problem is for carrier specific models, Samsing gives them the ROM (Galaxy S II), the carrier has to approve it. If the carrier does not feel like updating their add-ons... well there will be no update.

I think, we cannot blame Sammy for that one.
  • Confirmed for Jelly Bean:

Galaxy S III
    Galaxy S II
    Galaxy S Advanced
    Galaxy Note
    Galaxy Chat
    Galaxy Beam
    Galaxy Ace 2
    Galaxy Ace Plus
    Galaxy Mini 2
    Galaxy S Duos
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0