User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Elephone P8000 vs Ulefone Be Touch 2

• Has anyone heard of this flagship smartphone from Elephone? I haven't heard of it until I searched for a better alternative to Firefly Allure aka Be Touch. I got rid of Allure as the sound is too weak and the size was too big. So I did some search and came across Elephone P8000 which by its specs is really impressive.

P8000 by paper is almost the same as Be Touch 2 with some advantages:
    CPU: MTK6753 1.3GHz 64-bit Octa core (P8k) vs MT6752 processor 64-bit Octa core 1.7GHz (BT2)
    Battery: 4,165 (P8k) vs 3050mAh Lithium-ion Polymer (BT2) although BT2 is Sony given that it is true

But Be Touch 2 specs is equally (or more) impressive:
    GPU: Mali-T720/700MHz on P8000 (P8k) vs Mali T760/700MHz (BT2)
    Display: Gorilla glass 3 with Arc Screen vs IPS (P8k)
    Camera: 13MP Samsung 3L2 (P8K) vs 13MP 4th generation camera Sony IMX214 (BT2)
    Front Cam: Both 5.0MP but BT2 is branded OmniVision OV5648 with front flash while for P8k, there's no mention of any front flash or any brand
    GPS: with GLONASS, Digital Compass

The rest (dual LTE, fingerprint, Lollipop 5.1) is the same for both.

Price for P8000 is around $190 with leather case, tempered glass as they offer $40 discount on pre-sale while the Be Touch 2 is on sale at $180 unit only (without the free TPU and tempered glass).

My consideration is the sound which Be Touch 2 most likely will fall short based on my Allure experience. For P8k, it will remain a mystery until review in the next months will be available. I want smaller screen but what I don't like with the Be Touch is the 0.5cm distance from the screen to the frame which is a bit annoying. I am assuming its the same with the Be Touch 2.

Given this, which one will you pick? Is there any more alternative with same specs, same price range but smaller screen (around 5inch) that you know of?

Please share your inputs.

-- edited by gizmogeek on Jul 14 2015, 08:45 PM
  • Post this query on the unified help me choose a phone thread

Locked.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys