User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Cherry Mobile Ace (Firefox Phone)

• Any news with Cherry Mobile's newest OS?

http://bigbeezbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/10/cherry-mobile-ace-firefox-os.html
  • It's Mozilla's (mobile) OS to be used by Cherry Mobile on their device.
  • External Image
  • any one tested it yet? di ako sigurado kung may nakakita na ng actual unit
  • Gusto ko nga magbuy nyan ngeun, lite user sa gaming lang ako at heavy user sa web browsing :D
  • can anyone confirm ACE with 2 versions? Firefox OS and an Android OS.
  • Yes sir there's an Ace that Runs on Android 2.3 and this one that Runs on Firefox OS
  • Is this a good backup phone?
  • same as the Intex Cloud FX

in other words

too
    darn
    slow

as a phone looks ok

for web or anything else, not ok
  • ah kaya
  • sino po ang actual na nakasubok na nito? comment po pls. tia
  • Hello. Here is my experience using this phone. I bought this phone to use as a backup due to its claimed 200 hrs standby time. The interface is somewhat a combination of Android and iOS. Although the device has only 128MB RAM and uses single core, it didn�t feel slow but it was not particularly snappy either like a high end device. If you noticed in the YouTube unboxing reviews, they forgot to set the correct date and time. It is the reason why when they tried to search and install apps, the Marketplace seems to hang on those YouTube reviews. Apps are quite few. Facebook and Twitter are links to the HTML 5 versions. WhatsApp, Viber, and Instagram are not yet in the Marketplace. I haven�t tried to use the video player but the music player is very basic, although the interface to choose albums reminds me of n7 music player. That�s all I could share as I�ve been using this for a few days.
  • ^ would you recommend it as a gift to my kid's yaya who only want a phone with camera and radio? is it user-friendly? is it usable, not frustrating to use?
  • Nagbabalak pa naman ako bumili nito (impulsive buyer kasi), pero nung nabasa ko itong review, I've made up my mind.

*Note: Phone reviewed is Intex Cloud FX, which is the OEM of CM Ace

<click here for link>
  • @hack__you

It's actually a user friendly phone. Camera is just 2.0 MP and you have to add a micro SD card to use the camera. There is also no camera flash. Radio requires having the headset connected. The thing that frustrates me a bit is that you can't really type fast using the onscreen keyboard because if you have big hands, you tend to hit adjacent buttons of the letter you would want to press. i would probably recommend this over some feature phones at the same price range because of the bonus of having Wi-Fi and Firefox as its web browser. There is also no 3G so mobile data is just EDGE/GPRS. This is actually a good "smartphone" if you got the phone during the sale the past days. If these specs are just enough to the person you're giving this as a gift, then it would be a good gift.
  • Not bad na to smartphone na to, i won yesterday sa raffle sa family reunion/Christmas party namin, pwede ng pang harabas, dikit dikit lang ang letters ng keyboard, may kaunting lag na acceptable naman for the price comparing it to featurephones, tweaks and developments pa at mukhang may kahahantungan to sa future
  • I know this thread is a bit old but I'd like to contribute. Last week my secondary phone went missing or got stolen. So I was searching for a replacement unit that will only be used strictly for SMS and making calls. As the search continued, I saw the Cherry Mobile ACE. I got really curious since it was running Firefox OS 1.3. I'm a Firefox fan so, the ACE was definitely on my radar now. My other choice was something far more expensive from MyPhone.

When I went to SM to check the unit out, I saw the box and had some doubts since the specs are too low, rock bottom specs. But since the sales person at the MyPhone booth was not so friendly, I bought the ACE instead and here are my thoughts for the cheapest smartphone in the world priced at Php 999.00.

It wasn't as slow as I was expecting it to be. If the Firefox OS can run nicely on a 1.0GHz single core processor with 128 MB of memory, I wonder what it will be like if the hardware was in the mid range or practically something higher.

This is a great starter Smart Phone for those who are migrating from feature phones.

The unit has an extremely limited storage space, you'd definitely need a memory card if you want to use the low end 2.0 MP camera with no flash. Battery life is only at 1,100mAh. This is low for heavy users but if you are like me who will only use this for SMS and making calls, this battery is enough to last for 2 days before needing a recharge.

The Firefox Marketplace is filled with games and very little usefull apps. One reason why I'm seriously considering learning how to make apps for FF OS. I'm also finding it difficult to check for Firefox OS updates for some reason.

My only concern is the keyboard. I'm finding it difficult to type in at first, but I'm getting better at it from the looks of it. There are no viable keyboard on the MarketPlace.

At first glance, it seemed impossible to change the ringtone. But luckily, somebody made an APP for that. The only downside is, you need to use an audio file in the OGG format which is not to hard to make anyway thanks to converters like Format Factory, etc.

The Firefox browser on this thing is amazingly fast compared to my mid end Huawei phone. Too bad the small memory will keep you from retaining the page once you switch to a different APP, it will have to reload again.

For contacts, luckily, Firefox knows how to import from a variety of sources like Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Outlook, Gmail and Facebook all thanks to Thunderbird I guess. So I got all my contacts from my Android with ease.

Now if only I could change the message tone or notification tone then I'm all good. I have no intention of using this device for internet but I did send an email from the built-in email app using my yahoo mail account.

This doesn't have 3G, only 2G, so that's a bummer. But I'm glad that Wifi and Bluetooth is working well. Now all I need is a better file manager like something similar to Android's ES File manager with network support and I would be very happy.

The settings page kinda feels like something out of an iOS.

All in all, not as bad as one would expect from the cheapest smart phone in the world. I was thinking of buying a second SIM to check out how it would handle 2 networks at the same time. This would be a good phone for kids too.
  • the only thing that stops me from trying this is not able to import my sms from Android,

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys