User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Official Lumia 630 (Dual-SIM)

• Two weeks na sakin tong phone na to and it rocks! First time windows phone user here :)
    Tagal ng batt life nito
  • nice very usable dual sim phone, WP8.1 pa,
    dual sms inbox, inbox 1 & inbox 2 messages not mixed up, like totoo 2 separated phones, nice feature than Android implementation on dual sim sms

-- edited by DON2003 on Jul 18 2014, 07:00 AM
  • when you open sim1 sms box, only sms recevied/sent via sim1 shown? or mixed na sim1 & sim2?

yes magkahiwalay...
  • thanks, so if separate tiles on home screen, sms only appeared in sim-x box? paano if you replied it using the other sim? where will the message be? thanks
  • thanks, so if separate tiles on home screen, sms only appeared in sim-x box? paano if you replied it using the other sim? where will the message be? thanks

Yes pwedeng seperate or kaya imerge yung SMS box and Call.
    May nakalagay naman kung saang sim sinent yung message.
  • wish ko lang magkaroon na ng mga accessories dito
  • should we go for dev preview update 1?
    if on CYAN, just install dev update only, right?

what if want to go back to CYAN? how?
  • windows phone noob po. just got a lumia 630.
    magtatanong lang po kung puwedeng palitan ng color accent yung music player ng 630 kagaya ng start screen. i'm really not liking the green color accent that is the default color.

please help.
  • windows phone noob po. just got a lumia 630.
    magtatanong lang po kung puwedeng palitan ng color accent yung music player ng 630 kagaya ng start screen. i'm really not liking the green color accent that is the default color.

please help.

As of now you cant.
  • @AnonymousX

Salamat sa reply.

Badtrip! Mas mabuti pa yung ginagamit kong music player sa android (zplayer) na based on the WP music player, customizable. :-(
  • My personal review of the lumia 630

I've had this phone for close to a week now. I'm an android user through and through. My last dealings with a Microsoft mobile OS was with my xperia x2 running WinMo 6.5.

Compared to the previous OS and current android iteration, windows phone 8.1 lacks plenty in both apps and software flexibility. Live tiles is good but t gets boring (at least for me) over time. I can't put a decent wallpaper without being obscured by the said live tiles. In the lumia 630, the default music player doesn't have any form of customizability. Not even a simple EQ.

The lumia 630 is a gorgeous phone, especially in black ( the color I have). It's understated and simple elegance. Hardware wise, just like the OS it's running, it's also severely lacking. Especially compared to similarly specced android phones. One in particular is the lenovo a516 with nearly the same specs but at 30% cheaper and with a proximity sensor.

The lumia 630, in my opinion, is not worth the money it being sold for. I understand the limitation of the OS as Microsoft doesn't want another windows mobile monster in its hands, but nokia (or Microsoft mobile, whoever is making lumia phones nowadays) should have at least compensated on hardware. Providing the now basic features of a smartphone, like proximity sensors, notification lights and an LED flash. At least a proximity sensor should have been provided for the amount nokia is selling this phone for (7.4k on the open market).

As such, I'm not discarding my lumia 630 in the near future. My lumia 630 has now been relegated as a back up phone to my Android powered device and media player when I'm out and about punting the trails with my mountain bike.

Nokia has had a reputation of being slow on the uptake of technology in the past. Being beaten to the punch by the now defunct Sony Ericsson. They redeemed themselves with the symbian^3 units but lost the ball when they partnered with Microsoft. One step forward, three steps back.

I just hope Microsoft and Nadella makes a better job at making lumia phones than Nokia and (@hole) Elop does. Nokia's legacy is too good to waste on 3rd rate phones such as this lumia 630.

-- edited by duo_m on Oct 19 2014, 01:47 PM

-- edited by duo_m on Oct 19 2014, 01:50 PM
  • One more thing I find perplexing about windows phone: The SIM setting/menu ia buried deep inside at least 3menus deep. Unlike other systems where the SIM menu has its own app gateway.

To be fair, the word prediction of the lumia 630 /windows phone OS is top notch. The best and so far, the moat intelligent system I've used.
  • nag update ako to windows 10 kaya lang nag revert ako back to 8.1 kasi bumagal na masyado.

then pag revert ko, sakto may denim update na pala. ayos pa din itong Lumia 630 masaya pa din ako.

nakakainis lang, saan kaya pwede makabili ng back cover, medyo gasgasin na kasi. may alam ba kayo guys?

TIA!

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys