User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

THL T100 "prototype" hands-on pics by NOVO7 Tech

• Hi guys, before anything else, I would like everybody to read everything on this post carefully. The pictures you are about to see are actual hands on pics of the THL T100 aka Monkey King 2, taken at NOVO7 Tech SM City BF Homes Paranaque. This is a prototype unit fresh from the factory and it never came with any box or any packaging and obviously accessory contents are not finalized yet. So please do not ask me questions on what I do not know yet or cannot confirm.

This unit is 4days old and is still undergoing through tests. The actual and final unit might be different from the pics seen here. I got this unit as a special privilege from THL China, so that I can report back to them what issues need to be resolved before entering the final stages of production and to also further improve system optimization.

Over-sized images. 800x600 po ang maximum.

2 images per post.

Basa naman po ng site rules please.

THL T100 and W11 Comparison Rear Bottom side

Tell me what you guys think.

Will post my initial reviews in the days to come. But If you cant wait, then see it for your self as NOVO7 Tech takes another milestone by introducing the Philippines First True Octa Core Smartphone at SM City Southmall - Alabang Zapote on December 20, 2013.

Special promos and surprises awaits our loyal patrons who will preorder. Join our Instagram contest and you might win any of 2 Novo7 Tech iFive Mini2 Android Tablet PC.

Stay tuned or visit www.facebook.com/ifive.ph for more info.

-- edited by humvee02 on Dec 27 2013, 07:10 AM
  • ^ ano initial specs? screen size? camera? battery. basic specs.
  • When po e release at price?
  • Nice!
  • @chefadrianlim

Do you work for/in Novo7 Tech in SM BF? Because it sounds like you do. Wala naman masama though
  • @akoposilester
    will update my post for your request on basic specs

@kingjose
    release date and price are yet to be finalized. you can join our special soft launching on Dec 20 at SM Southmall

@bardagz
    Yes I do. I am the IT Director of NOVO7 Tech. I just so happened to be at SM BF since it is our newest in-line store.
  • Buti magkakaron na sa Southmall.
  • the hardware button led lights need work -- make it as visible as samsung or the old xperia phones that had well lit hardware buttons.

additional microphones for noise cancellation?

an option for obtaining THL provided vanilla android rom would be good too.
    or have the device rooted by default -- so users will still have warranty.
    it would be ok to have locked boot loaders -- and unlocking them would be ok to void warranty.

does it come with original google play?
    medyo turn off ang china version/ thl version of app store.
  • @endless

I agree with led lights. and noted.

so far, voice calls are normal and clear just like any other smartphone in its caliber.

THL will never have a rooted version of any kind, since this is Mediatek powered, Mediatek has locked if not very limited source codes for better 3rd party development. Therefore as any other phone distributor, rooting or reflashing with unofficial ROM or improper reflashing that will cause instability, boot loop, bricking or frying the unit will definitely VOID the warranty.

What you saw was just another free Chinese market but It does come with orig Google play, I just did not show the pics in the app drawer side. downloaded over 4GB of app data from Google play over 3G to date.

Again this is a prototype unit. Thanks for the comments. Keep it coming.
  • if the device has an internal memory of say 8GB, and it has a micro sd expansion slot..

1. disregard that we will use the micro sd slot

2. how much is the total available storage space --

if i were to install games on the device -- need for speed most wanted (~2GB) + NBA 2k14 (~ 2GB), and i want to copy 3 gigabytes of mp3s, and the remaining 1GB will be made available for the future photos/videos that i will be taking

3. there is are lot of misleading advertisements about a device's internal memory.
  • @chefadrianlim

Me branch na po ba kayo sa Southmall? Also, the SM City you are referring to is the new SM near president's Ave right? TIA
  • @redsquadron

Yes we will have a branch at SM Southmall. Simultaneous launching with the True OCta Core on December 20.
    Yes SM City BF Homes is the one along Sucat Road cor. Presidents Ave.
  • @endless

Running out of storage space will never be a problem. it internal is 32GB. Expandable to additional 64GB micro SD. Plus USB OTG support (say hot swappable 128GB USB Flash Drive). Will that suffice your storage needs sir?=)
  • @Sir Adrian
    I love the looks and the monster specs. I love how the screen size is still at 5 inches (I don't really like the idea of a massive display).
    I am a proud owner of IFM2 so I know how you take build quality and good after sales service seriously.

I almost bought your W11 (2gb ram version), the only thing that held me back - which is still sadly the case with the t100 - is that back capacitive button is on the right instead of the left. I know it is a very very minor nitpick on an otherwise perfect phone. I wonder if that's something you would consider changing?

EDIT: Would also like to get an idea how this will be priced when this gets released and if there will be a mark down in your other phones when that time comes.

Thanks!

-- edited by tamahomes_legacy on Dec 17 2013, 07:26 PM
  • Is it possible to uninstall the THL/China specific apps?
  • Abangers lang. Baka pag release nito, baba na rin thl w11. Sana 10k or less na lang..
  • https://www.facebook.com/groups/THLbyNovo7TechPH/
  • http://www.gizchina.com/2013/12/16/thl-monkey-king-2-t100-sale-china-starting-today/

sale na sa china kahapon dec 16...price 311 usd

The T100 comes with a 5-inch 1080p OGS screen, 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM and the trademark dual 13 mega-pixel cameras that first featured in the THL W11, the device which the T100 will succeed. The phone also packs goodies like NFC and OTG, which have made way into devices like the T100 only recently.
    The THL �Monkey King 2′ T100 will be made available to folk in China starting today, priced ¥1,888 (~$311).

-- edited by watusi on Dec 17 2013, 09:49 PM
  • Sana sa "prototype" unit lang yung may pink hue sa upper & lower part ng display kapag white ang background.
  • 1 Month Unlisurf Call & Text for only P300.
    No Limit/Cap.
    Open to all Smart,TNT,Globe,TM, SUN Sims.
    Text - O9064719O24
    Text - O9064719O24
  • <click here for link>

Techpinas
  • How to preorder? Any leak for the price? :) thanks
  • may price na po ba ito?
  • $310 USD

<click here for link>

do the math+taxes+taxes+taxes =
  • hanep sa spects ....hmmm mukhang aabot ng p15k??
  • @310 not bad. sana sub 16k php.
  • sana nga..ito na bibilin kong phone..haha
  • @chefadrianlim

Hi Sir, since you're the IT Director of Novotech, maybe you can request from THL to provide a fix to Caller ID mismatch on all THL phones(W8s user here)
  • LTE capable po ba ito?
  • Ok yung bagong logo, simple lang pero sana tinanggal na nila yung "Technology Happy Life" hehehea

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys