User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

LAZADA selling fake XIAOMI MI2S?

• LAZADA selling fake XIAOMI MI2S?

SOME PICS FIRST

External Image

<click here for link>
    <click here for link>
    <click here for link>
    <click here for link>

First of all, I have nothing against LAZADA. I dont think they would deliberately sell fake phones. I only wish to voice my disappointment towards them for selling me, in my honest opinion, a fake XIAOMI MI2S.

Xiaomi is a known brand in china, they produce top notch products for very affordable prices. I've been following the brand for quite some time and I must say I am very impressed with their phones. I've always wanted a XIAOMI phone, but was unable to get one because the phone was only available in china. If you're outside china and want the phone your going to have to go to online traders which was a bit risky.

It was to my surprise that LAZADA a known local online shop was selling the XIAOMI MI2s. It was like Christmas, i was so happy that the brand finally arrived here in our country. I really wanted the phone and seeing that it there was only one stock left I decided to buy it.

I eagerly waited for my phone, and finally after 2 days it came. I paid 13k in cash, cash that i had borrowed, was given to me and was saved up just to buy the phone. I was so happy when I got my phone that I even took pictures of the packaging before i opened it.

After opening the box I was greeted by the nice looking phone. It looked the part, everything seemed legit and I was eager to turn on the device. I opened the phone, did some standard stuff before i got it running and presto, hello new phone.

I did some tinkering for a while and found that the phone was a bit laggy, I didn't think much of it at first and thought It was only due to the phones settings. XIAOMI have a nice feature in which you could switch your phone from "power saving mode", "normal mode" and "High performance mode". So I switched the phone to "High performance mode" knowing that it would make the phone perform better. To my surprise nothing happened, the phone was still laggy and this alarmed me.

I wanted to install antutu benchmark, a known bench marking app to measure the performance of my phone but was hindered by the faulty play store app. I managed to install antutu benchmark through app sharer, an app that allows you to send applications from one android phone to another.

I was shocked at the results:
    <click here for link>

I only managed to score 8256 on antutu and quite frankly this was pathetic, the score of this phone should be around 25-27k above the samsung galaxy s4

Seeing that the phone scored so low I tried to view the device info thinking that it would give me some idea to why the phone was performing badly
    ....Again what i saw shocked me
    <click here for link>

<click here for link>
    the phone register a pixel density of 240dpi when it should be registering a pixel density of 342dpi
    *the complete specs of the phone can be seen in this link: <click here for link>

After i saw the results at antutu, i decided to try other well known benchmarking apps, namely "quadrant standard benchmark" and "Nenamark"

Nothing changed, both bench marking apps diplayed similarly disappointing results

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>
    It can be seen that the registered resolution at quadrant and nenamark is 960 x 540 when it should be 1280 x 720
    *the complete specs of the phone can be seen in this link: <click here for link>

Then I tried several well known hardware detection apps available at the android market namely "CPU RAM DEVICE IDENTIFIER", "CPUZ" and "SYSTEM INFO DROID"

ALL OF THE APPS REGISTERED, WELL... QUESTIONABLE RESULTS

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>

All the hardware detection apps confirm the discrepancies detected by the benchmarking apps, the resolution that should be 1280 x 720 not 960 x 540, the pixel density (PPI) that should be 342ppi not 240ppi and in addition the amount of RAM the device has, which all of the hardware and bench marking tools detected, is 1.3+gb when it should be close to 2gb

Other discrepancy I found:
    1. Logo at boot up screen displays recovery logo rather than the XIAOMI logo
    2. Very poor front and rear camera performance.
    3. Boot animation very slow
    4. 16gb external memory when it should be less than 14gb
    5. Some of the benchmarking app shows that the processor is mtk6577 when it should be APQ8064T
    6. Slightly different boot up logo than what is found on the web

Again I have nothing against LAZADA, I just feel disappointed. It didn't even cross my mind that I would be getting a fake. I trusted LAZADA, bacause I knew that their products was authentic and they were a credible source. I guess I was wrong. It would have been better if they sold me a defective unit, but instead I got a fully functional CLONE, LAZADA should be better than this.

THANKS FOR READING GUYS! ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS MY XIAOMI MI2S FAKE?

UPDATE: THE PEOPLE FROM LAZADA APOLOGIZED TO ME AND GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK PLUS A LITTLE EXTRA

-- edited by gabugh on Sep 28 2013, 02:24 AM

-- edited by gabugh on Oct 06 2013, 02:36 AM
  • definitely fake but my opinion is not based on the benchmark score but rather on the resolution. :D

btw, dpi is different from ppi, with that resolution the dpi is just right (since i own an android device with the same resolution).

sayang, dapat nagbasa kana lang po sa forums ng mga owners ng xiaomi sa pinas marami silang kilalang legit sellers. kakabwisit talaga yang lazada, we had a transaction with them late last year. Umorder kami ng skull candy headset, gumamit kami ng credit card ang kaso wala daw stocks nung pinili namen na model pero sa website nila meron pa daw. Ang masaklad dun debited na ang credit card kahit wala kaming natatanggap na item. hay. Tapos no refund policy pa. Pinapili nalang kami ng ibang model. A very big disappointment. Never na kami bibili ulit dyan.
  • Pwede pa ba soli yan?
  • ouch.. sad to hear that sir.. dapat maireklamo yan.
  • @ragg

thanks for the info :) yep i was pointing out the discrepancy in its resolution. just added the ppi or should i say dpi to confirm.

@wamps

pwede pa :)

@DraIM

Yep will complain personally, ill go to their office on monday
  • First off, PPI isn't the same as DPI. DPI should be set to 320 since 720p and above displays on Android have DPI set to 320 as default. DPI affects the density of UI elements such as icons on your display to take advantage of high resolution screens.

Regardless, you found out that it uses a Mediatek MTK6577. That's enough to qualify as a fake. Return it to Lazada. Better yet, pay their office a visit.
  • I advise Lazada personnel about this (shared this link as well).. hopefully they will resolve it soon.. Sayang ang reputasyon nila sa ganitong bagay.. I wonder kung yung ibang nakabili eh ganito din..
  • Sayang sir, yung 13k mo 2nd hand na s3 na din sana.. ibalik nyo po yan or else pag di pumayag ireport nyo sa DTI.
  • I was also considering to buy from lazada but sadly i was a bit disappointed from what happened to you.shame on you LAZADA
  • @kestana
    thanks for the info, i am planning to go to their office this monday

@drAIM
    yep, hoping they resolve this matter soon. sana macheck ng iba kung fake nabili nila.
  • sayang ang 13k, ibang unit nalang ipapalit mo kasi kung ganyan din ipapalit tapus same result yung makukuha wag nalang, refund mo nalang, pag ayaw pumayag reklamo mo na agad sa DTI,
  • This only shows that Lazada doesn't check the units they sell whether if it is clone, fake, or defective and this indicates bad management; kumita lang, ika nga.

Sad part pa, Xiaomi na nga, pepekein pa rin ba? Todo na 'to! Tsk! Tsk!
  • fake nga sya, malayo ang 540x960 sa 720x1280 ng orig, tapos mediatek pa ang chipset na ginamit inestead of snapdragon 600.. nice try lazada
  • Sa madaling salita, napeke na, naabala pa. Shame on you Lazada!...

Maigi pa rin to buy a unit na makikita at mate-test mo in actual...
  • [x]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1173706_228768743943424_1027934444_n.jpg[/x]

-- edited by ninjababez on Sep 23 2013, 11:38 PM
  • [x] https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1173706_228768747276757_1257584802_n.jpg[/x]

• @kingjose

thanks! found no security label on my box :-(
  • I dont think Lazada will put their name to shame in selling non legit items. I've been buying stuff from them ever since they started. From low end to high end items, I did not have any problems. In fact, there was even one time I paid using credit card that they returned the amount debited on my account. I suggest TS to return the item and either demand a replacement or refund payment.
  • @jl_619

i know lazada will not sell non legit items on purpose, i was merely expressing my disappointment towards lazada. They should check their products more carefully before they sell them.

-- edited by gabugh on Sep 22 2013, 11:59 AM
  • yung print ng sticker sa original refine samatalang sa fake medyo makapal ang print
  • double post, sorry

-- edited by haryharyhary on Sep 22 2013, 12:58 PM
  • Lazada could also be a victim here, of course I may be wrong
  • aw sayang naman, mi2s user here fake nga pero pag titignan ko yung design nung phone kamukha nga. tsk3x. malamang victim din lazada, pero sana mag benta pa din ng xiaomi ang lazada pero yung orig na^_^
    http://m955.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/rtz_andy/phone_zpse4d60c32.jpg.html?o=1

-- edited by rtz_andy on Sep 22 2013, 06:01 PM
  • [x]http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae34/rtz_andy/phone_zpse4d60c32.jpg[/x]

sorry kung umulit, now ko lang nalaman mag post ng pics :D

-- edited by rtz_andy on Sep 23 2013, 02:12 PM

• Malamang hindi rin alam ng LAZADA yan.
  • Paano pala ang warranty nyan dito after nung 14 days replacement nila?
  • To all: (caution: do this only as a last resort)

Dito sa pilipinas na napakahirap kumuha ng replacement unit, I see to it that I pay for my gadgets and other expensive products via credit card ONLY. My reason is, if after I have exhausted all my effort in having the item replaced and or have tried to make them resolve the issue at ayaw pa rin nila, pasensyahan nalang kami as I will file a transaction dispute through my credit card company. If that happens, there's a 99% chance that the specific vendor won't be able to get their funds from the credit card company.

Receipts, signatures, proof of purchase, etc. can all be faked at alam ng credit card companies yan. Also, credit card companies favors the complaint of a client/card holder more than the vendor kaya huwag silang loloko loko sa akin as I really stand by my word when I claim a transaction dispute sa card ko. I only do this when diplomacy fails.

I am sharing this NOT to do any form of cheating but so buyers like us have a "say" if we are taken at a disadvantage by unscrupulous sellers/vendors that do not stand by their items/services. Kumbaga, they started it.

Last but not the least, do all you that you can to solve the problem with the vendor pero see to it na di tatagal more than a month kasi magiging questionable na dispute mo sa credit card company pag masyadong matagal na nangyari yung transaction tsaka ka palang aangal.
  • Ipost mo kaya yan sa FB page ng Xiaomi para makuha ang atensyon nila.
  • actually meron na talaga mga clone na xiaomi, sa mga forum mismo ng xiaomi nag rereklamo kaso wala magagawa xiaomi inaadvise na lang nila bumili sa mga legit store like ibuygou.
  • yari....hina bent ng lozada

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys