User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Kata i1

• I was looking for a Cloudfone Thrill 430x at Megamall yesterday but all the shops were out of stock. I needed a phone quick because I just sold my HTC One X primarily to get the 430x.

I tried to see if the other well hyped up phones can pass for a proxy. The Titan and the Flare from Cherry was (as usual, oddly enough) out of stock while the MyPhone A919 just turned out to be complete dud for me. I'm a guy who's absolutely spoiled rotten by HD screens that WVGA just wont cut it for me anymore.

I was about to go home and call it a day when the wife pointed towards this lowly Kata stall. We found a cute and sleek 4.5 inch screen phone but we were doubtful about the specs. Sure its got a 4.5" qhd screen and a mt6577 dual core processor and the build quality is probably the best I've seen from all the brouhaha of cheap dual core phones out there but with a 1600mAh battery, I was about to pass on it. That was after all, the main point why I wanted to get the 430x, that sweet, ginormous battery.

I was fiddling around with the Kata i1, noticing the apparent speed of how I can browse through the different panels on the homescreen, its qhd screen teasing meas I do so, when I decided to see what the cause of all the quickness was from. Checking the running apps on the settinga menu. I found an entire gigabyte of RAM waiting for me.

My whole world stopped. Here I was, partially remorseful that I sold my damn wonderful One X, part frustrated of all the marketing hype from Myphone and Cherry, and the lack of stocks of the Cloudfone. Then all of a sudden this phone comes to me.

The 1600mAh battery just became a moot point, everyone who comes from an HTC phone will probably understand and may have gotten used to horrible battery lives, that I feel confident I can put that paltry battery to good use.

Thanks to that dual core A9, ICS 4.0.4 (no jellybean though, bummer) and that healthy gig of RAM, its as if I have something that is affordable but still can satisfy the spoiled HTC fanboy brat in me. The camera can shoot 8mp pictures with great detail, although the noise cancelling algorithm may be a tad too strong, as pictures seem to be a bit hazy (again compared to the freakishly amazing HTC One X).

In the end all I really wanted was a phone that agreed with me, and this one aims to please. I bought the Kata i1 as soon as I can while others leer behind me, asking me what phone this is (probably even thinking why the hell would I buy a Kata). I've tried the Flare, Titan, A919, A898, and the monstrous 430x, and they're all great phones, but the Kata i1 is the phone for me.

NB, ***I will post pictures soon. External Design Pictures, Benchmarks from both Antutu and Nenamark (for those who think it matters, like me), and camera samples. Also a browsing battery test.

Shared by jedz2005

SWAP the 2GB Phone Storage w/ your HIGH CAPACITY/SPEED External Micro-SD

ang layunin ng guide na ito ay para lamang tumulong..

ngunit bago ko ituloy ang guide na ito.. gusto kong sabihin as a disclaimer na gawin niyo ito "AT YOUR OWN RISK", wag niyo ako sisihin pag nagka-problema ang i1 niyo.. gumana ito sa akin, at sa marami pang iba. di kayo magkakaproblema kung susundin nyo mabuti ang mga nakasaad dito..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info :
    As the title states, pinagpapalit ng hack na ito ang Phone Storage ng i1 natin na 2GB lamang sa External Micro SD.. kapag successful, pag pumunta kayo ng STORAGE under sa SETTINGS, makikita niyo na 2GB ang External SD/Memory at ang phone storage ay equivalent na sa capacity ng microSD na ikinabit natin sa i1.. at dahil ang MicroSD na ang mag-aact na Phone Storage natin, yung mga apps natin sa MicroSD na maiinstall.

Mga Dapat Malaman:

1. Gagana lamang ang hack na ito pag ROOTED na ang device nyo. (backread lang kayo kung gusto niyo malaman pano iroot ang i1.)

2. Mas mainam kung higher capacity at class ang MicroSD niyo.. for example, 4GB and above (kung 2GB kasi useless yung hack diba? kasi 2GB na yung totoong phone storage to start with), Tsaka dapat around Class 6 to Class 10 yung MicroSD niyo.. nagbabase lamang ako dun sa benchmark na ginawa ko sa phone storage ng Samsung Galaxy S Wifi ko.. kasi naireflect dun na Class 6 ang speed niya.. at pag gumamit ka ng program na Swap-it Ram Expander, Class 6 and above din ang nirerecommend nila.. pero wala akong basehan if babagal ang pagtakbo ng apps natin kung class 4 and below ang gagamitin nating MicroSD..

3. Kung marami na kayong Apps na nakainstall, mainam na mag-install kayo ng Titanium Backup (merong libre nito, meron ding paid kung gusto niyo mapabilis ang proseso ng pag restore) at backupan yung mga app niyo.. pag pinagswap kasi ang phone storage at externalSD di na tatakbo mga app na originally nakainstall sa Phone Storage.. kailangan ireinstall nyo sila ulit using titanium backup.

4. Dahil gagamitin na as Phone Storage itong External MicroSD natin, hindi ko ineencourage na hugutin or tanggalin bigla ang MicroSD habang bukas o naka-on ang phone.

Instructions:

1. Kailangan niyo muna ng Root Explorer or any File manager na may Root Access, kung wala pa maraming nadodownload sa Google Play na libre.

2. Idownload niyo ang aking modified vold.fstab sa link na ito: <click here for link>

3. I-copy nyo yung vold.fstab na nadownload niyo sa link sa ibabaw papuntang phone (either sa root directory ng external SD or phone storage)

4. I-disconnect ang phone sa computer, at buksan ang inyong Root Explorer

5. Pag nasa Root Explorer na kayo, hanapin sa root directory ng android ang folder na System/etc/

6. Make sure din na naka-mount as R/W yung access niyo sa root directory

7. sa loob ng ETC folder makikita nyo yung unmodified na vold.fstab, irename niyo ito sa vold.fstab.bak, para at least meron pa rin kayong backup (or if in case gusto niyo ibalik sa default config)

8. pag narename niyo na yung original vold.fstab, gamit pa rin ang Root Explorer i-navigate niyo kung san niyo nilagay yung modified na vold.fstab file at i-copy ito sa loob ng ETC folder

9. pagkatapos ang proseso, irestart/reboot niyo ang inyong i1.

10. After the reboot, punta kayo ng Settings->Storage at check niyo nagkapalitan na nga yung phone storage at sdcard

11. Enjoy the new setup, mas marami na kayong apps na maiinstall.

Other notes:
    I'm using a Class 10 16GB microSD for this setup and so far so good. :)

here's the screenie..

External Image

-- edited by jedz2005 on Jan 09 2013, 12:09 PM

-- edited by ninjababez on Jan 10 2013, 01:44 AM
  • where in megamall?

price?
  • <click here for link>

8500 from something called OWTEL shop. Who are owtel? reliable service?
  • Props to ellearsha for having a good eye for cheap but awesome phones!
  • Owtel seems to be everywhere they even have a large store at Starmall Edsa, the sales lady eventold me that the replacement warranty for factory defects is ONE YEAR. I even tried to make sure by asking if ahe meant one week, but she did say ONE YEAR (F**K ME, RIGHT!?). Be back with you guys later while I continue reviewing the phone.
  • here you go owlstore free advtg:

<click here for link>

8500 is the promo/ cash price -- it goes to 95xx if CC with installment.

Even with 1GB + mtk6577, dunno if this makes much sense with the 430x soon to be re-stocked (one hopes) or the impending CM Omega if they stick to the sub8k price..

Sure CM doesnt have good service/ support but at relative to this owlel, they appear a better choice.
  • OT hahahhaha these small companies ought to start giving us something back! **paging cloudfone

Agreed the CM Omega might be a better buy considering the display size, battery and Jelybean, but after the unavailability fiasco and the hype machine they created, CM kinda turned me off. 430x is still THE BAWS for me.

But the old axiom applies, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
  • I am seriously considering the trade on 430x hmmmm
  • Nakita ko din tong kata na toh.. Na amaze ako sa specs..
  • yep, ako din. astig ng specs. External Image

-- edited by ellearhsa on Dec 02 2012, 10:42 AM
  • External Image
  • Nakita ko to sa starmall.. Iwan mu na 430x mu ellea?
  • i saw this also, 1Gb ram pala ito
  • External Image

-- edited by ellearhsa on Dec 02 2012, 10:55 AM
  • Also saw this on the same day I bought my Cloudfone Thrill 430x a while back. The girl at the booth even played with my newly acquired Thrill 430x. Construction is all plastic, very thin, good screen. But god, the battery is atrociously small given the rest of the specs. 1600 mAh.
  • galing nga ng RAM napapaisip tuloy ako haha!
  • true, mahina ang battery!!!
  • @jay hindi, 430x pa din ako. ke grungeman yan post ko na pics. pero iniisip ko din kasi lagi naman ako may access sa mapapagcharge-an. sha wala. eh gusto ata makipag swap. haha
  • hmm i'm quite impressed by the specs... gonna by one for me later on... thanks for the thread...
  • Installing eternity warriors 2 para makipagswap kay ellearsha. Haahhaha
  • Not bad naman ang battery life. Spoiled lang talaga tayo sa 430x hehehe. Browsing time niya is 5 hours and 23 minutes.

With Juice Defender pala yan. I carried it over from my HTC days.

-- edited by grungeman5000 on Dec 02 2012, 11:06 AM
  • Ako din. Ganyan dn nasa isip ko.. May outlet naman lage. Hehe. Bsta maganda specs. Hays. Un omega at flame.. Sa jan pa daw lalabas eh..
  • @jay oo nga lecheng CM i hype nila to the max tapos lagi unavailable tapos puro bugs pa.
  • pag gumana eternity warriors 2 cge mag iisip ako. isip lang!
  • Kaya nga e.. Haha.. Mukhang may bagong papasikating p0n yun tcp huh. Hehe.
  • Here's the battery life after browsing in 3g with screen on and brightness set to mid.

External Image
  • Browing test

External Image
  • hmmm pwede! ung mga gusto ng manipis na phone na maganda speca pde dito
  • Eto na cguro bibilhin ko... Sa megamall lang ba my ganito na store?
    Layo kasi pag pupuntahan ko pa megamall ngayon
  • @ellearsha pwede trade? Hahaha joke alam natin mahal natin phone natin. Mwah

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys