User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

HTC One V - The Legend Returns

• tried to have my unit replaced at e-phone megamall pero lagpas na daw sa replacement period which is 3 days (bought it april 27). they directed me to htc service center sa atlanta center annapolis. sobrang hassle, pumunta pko dun tapos marami rin ako nakasabay na for repair ng mga htc phones nila. 3-4 days diagnosis pa daw and i need to leave the phone. i demanded for a service unit and they gave me an htc desire (they wont offer a service unit unless you ask for one). wait time was around 30mins sa service center.

will keep this thread posted.

alam ko by-law 7 days ang replacement period
  • Nakakapag play po ba ito ng HD games?
  • ^
    Not sure kung alin po dito ang hd game pero eto po ung games na nakainstall sa phone ko (
    na gumagana:) )

Temple Run
    Cut the Rope Experiments
    PvsZ
    Nba Jam
    Lil Kingdom (parang tiny tower)
    Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots
    3d badminton
    Where's my water

ibang topic:
    May topak yung nabili kong 16gb na sdcard (imation)... may random notification na "Sd card unexpected remove"... sana mai-sauli ko pa kahit medyo nawarak ko yung lalagyanan...
  • ^ pakita mo na ganun ang behavior ng card para ma convince sila na defective yung card. Still hunting for a 32gb class10 card here.
  • @JA

Here's good read re: in-house warranties: <click here for link> :)
  • @AncientGear

Naipalit ko na :) di na ako maxado tinanong about sa sdcard busy kasi si kuya sa paglalaro ng robodefense haha ...observe mode muna kung ganun pa rin...
  • Guys may alam ba kayo na app na para pag naka sleep yung screen at may nagtxt eh automatic na na maglilight up yung screen para hindi ko na kelangan pindutin yung sleep button yung sa taas every time magbubukas yung fone. I mean yung parang sa iphone pag may nag text di ba maglalight up na yung screen para di na kelangan pindutin ulit yung sleep button. Baka kasi madaling masira to kung paulit ulit kong pipindutin yung button na yun.
  • the Hero hwas truly heroic is 2009, while the Legend was not so legendary in 2010

while i agree w/ you on the first part, bro, the second part must be the understatement for me so far in 2012 considering the legend was the first:
    1/ w/ a non-plastic uni-body design (the hero's body was plastic) that is now employed in htc's one series
    2/ w/ an optical trackpad (the hero had a mechanical one) that was the envy of most android users then, which i still find very useful for my needs now
    3/ among a few smartphones then that could handle live wallpapers. you should have seen my techy relatives' reaction: "wala ba sa iphone nyan?" ahehe...
    all these even when the legend was launched along w/ the desire, and just a little later after the g1. hindi nga lang ganun pa kilala ang htc dito sa pinas noon but it's a different story elsewhere.

also, most reviews or articles of the one v always allude to the legend, not to the hero (see gsmarena, androidcentral, etc..). the one v is an upgrade over the legend indeed. kaya napaisip lang ako when i saw this thread's title. anyway, just sayin', bro. not asking you to change the title or anything...peace!
  • @joshuapo
    use go sms. it's way much better than stock anroid or htc messaging app. libre sya, fast, themeable at pwede mo i-customize pop-up behaviour nya (like unlock screen, turn on screen, or both) whenever you receive sms. you have to turn off notifications on your stock messaging app after installing go sms though. try mo din extended controls widget for locking your screen (among a whole lot of other things) from w/in your homie instead of using pwr or any other button. HTH
  • Okay,I cam from the HTC service center. I was told the One V and X batteries are not replaceable at the service center either. Maybe it is becaise the products are new and things will change in the future. But that is what they told me. This would be a big issue with me.
  • @maxq

Since it means that much to you :)
  • @superfifo
    Good for you ^^

Okay,I cam from the HTC service center. I was told the One V and X batteries are not replaceable at the service center either. Maybe it is becaise the products are new and things will change in the future. But that is what they told me. This would be a big issue with me.

:(

Definitely a big issue there. I was expecting that they'd send it straight from the manufacturer to have the battery replaced there instead of the local service working on it. Here's hoping that they would open up for that option at some point.

-- edited by AncientGear on May 12 2012, 07:37 AM
  • @Anceint

It could be because the devices are new. Maybe they have not trained the local tech's to do it yet. If someone goes there in a few weeks or months, we should ask again.

But it is a big issue. A battery wont last 2 years. And after that, what about the resale value?
  • @AncientGear

ang masama nga lang eh ganun pa rin... may lumalabas na "sd card enexpectedly remove"...
    siguro ayan lang niya sa imation...

oh well (...papel), balik na naman ako sa 4gb, pang usb na lang siguro yun... 8gb na lang yung bibilhin ko siguro next time...
  • @ral
    Yep, I agree with that. I'll post here if I get any news about our local service center too. I'll also try creating a HTC account and see if I can get any good info from there.

@superfifo
    Gamit ko ngayon Kingston 8gb class 4 sa cdr king MoA, ok naman sya so far. Sana may mahanap akong matinong 32gb na class10.

Btw, nasubukan mo nabang gumamit ng ibang card na 16gb above? Sana hindi performance/hardware issue ng One V yung nakikita mong problem :/
  • @ancient

I asked HTC if the battery could be replaced when it gets old due to wear and tear. HTC's response was a bit vague.

We have read your that you wanted to purchase HTC One X and that you have a concern with the battery. Rest assured, I�ll be glad to be of assistance.

In response to your inquiry, since the battery is embedded on the phone, it is automatically covered by a year warranty and can be repaired for free. However, if the phone is out of warranty, has physical or liquid damage, you may need to pay for the repair cost.

Please let us know if this information was able to help you with your concern. If not, please advise us of the issues you�ve encountered. Should you need further assistance, feel free to share your preferred contact schedule with us as we would be more than happy to contact you directly over the phone. You can also reach us a call at (02) 822-9269. Our business hours are from 8:00am to 8:00pm, from Mondays to Sundays and closed on Public Holidays.

However, if we have resolved your initial inquiry, please return to our system for the closure of your inquired ticket number for documentation purposes.

That is my basis for thinking that the local HTC Center just has not been trained on how to do it yet.

-- edited by ral on May 12 2012, 07:00 PM
  • Hi, good day to all HOV user.
    inquire ko lang, talaga bang walang choices sa lock screen style and One V, like weather, people. yung katulad ng sa One X di ba parehas lang sila na sense 4?

im using one x kasi and yung kasama ko sa house bumili ng One V. tapos nakita nya lock screen ko na weather sabi niya gusto din niya ng ganong style tapos noong hinanap ko di ko makita kung saan pwede palitan.

TIA
  • I think it will be better if we ask HTC if they can repair/replace the battery inside the Rhyme. Like the One Series, it doesn't have a user-replaceable battery and if HTC offers to replace the Rhyme's battery, there's a good chance we'll be able to send our One _ to the HTC Service Center for battery replacement.
  • @kuyanyan

That is a good idea. Feel really stupid not thinking about it. Is someone going there? Ask about the Rhyme and the Radar.

Realized though there is a problem. Any query on these phones batteries would be considered a warranty issue, as they are still all under warranty.

-- edited by ral on May 14 2012, 02:38 PM
  • @josephguillermo

wala po ata yung ganung lockscreen sa one v (meron siya pero tuwing umaga lang lumalabas)...

light sense 4 po ung nasa one v. (no 3d multi-task, no homescreen preview, disabled livewallpaper picker) para siguro di mahirapan yung 1ghz na procie...
  • oh i see.

thanks
  • Mga sir bakit ganun yun keyboard ko yung vietnamese yata yun. Ni reset ko yun fone bumalik dun sa black na english keyboard pero bumabalik ulit dun sa viet. Alam nyo ba kung paano i disable? Mas gusto ko yun black na keyboard e
  • ^ na encounter ko rin nung isang araw yan, kakainis lol. alam ko parang meron ka dyan ilo-long press e. try mo i-long press yung mga keys na nasa tabi ng space bar.
  • Ayaw talaga e ganun pa din. :( pero naalis ko na yung vibrate. Nakaka inis kasi yung settings in vietnamese paano ko maintindihan nag translator nga ako kaso yun iba mali mali yung lumalabas haha.
  • got my phone back yesterday. pinalitan daw yung main board. took them 12 days to fix kahit sabi nila 3-4 days lang. sabi rin nila they would contact me if the phone is ready for pick-up pero if i didn't call the call center yesterday, dko pa malalaman na ready na for pickup yung phone ko.

so far ok pa naman sya, hopefully it will last more than 5 days unlike the first time i used it. i noticed battery life is better than before pero wi-fi signal is very weak compared last time.
  • Got my replacement phone. It took me a month bago napalitan. Sa service center ko kasi pinapalit may issue pa din unit ko. May 2 yellow spots sa baba. Ayoko na papalitan dahil ang tagal. So far ok naman yung phone. Maganda battery life, ok sa games, ok din pang music. Ang reklamo ko lang yung web browser ang bagal.
  • If you have to choose between N9 and HTC One V, what would you get? Suggestion. Thanks
  • @mapi

I would think the One V. I do not see a big future for the MeeGo ecosystem. The net effect mainly is less available apps.

-- edited by ral on May 16 2012, 04:15 PM
  • Solved my weak wi-fi problem by removing the sticker indicating the IMEI number and serial number of the phone. nilagay ko na lang muna sa box if ever i'll need it in the future. IMEI number no longer match the one on the box pero same serial number, mabe because of the mainboard change?
  • Yes. Most likely. Do you have the papers on the warranty repair. The new IMEI number should be indicated there.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys